Here are the things that you can expect as a student of RISE:
Help choosing the right course, we will:
- Provide information and fact sheets, written, in simple language, which describe the subjects that are available
- Offer an induction programme that enables you to find out about the School and its facilities and to learn about the course – so you can decide if its right for you.
- Offer an initial assessment to help you to identify the things you know and things you need to improve on
- Provide opportunities for you to talk to a Mentor or teacher who will give you help and advice
To help you throughout your studies you will:
- Be allocated a personal tutor who will provide advice and guidance about how to gain the maximum benefits from your learning
- Be able to have extra help to improve your skills in reading writing, spelling and numeracy should you need it;
- Be offered help and advice in planning for progression to higher education or into employment;
- Have access, if required, to personal counselling with a counsellor and/or specialist advice
To provide high quality teaching and opportunities to learn, your teacher will;
- Identify the goals of the lesson at the start of each class;
- Employ a variety of teaching and learning methods appropriate to your learning goals and your style of learning;
- Help you to assess your progress and provide you with constructive feedback and advice to help you to improve your performance;
- Explain clearly the nature of each assignment the assessment criteria and, for written assignments, specify submission and return dates.