I am delighted to welcome you to RISE Education. We are an Independent School providing alternative education to at risk pupils aged 13- 16. We work in partnership with schools and local authorities and currently have two centres in Croydon and Merton.
RISE Education provides a comprehensive learning environment for students who for a variety of reasons are not able to access mainstream education. Schools and local authorities referring pupils to us can feel confident that their pupils’ needs will be met and that they will continue to pursue an academic programme.
In addition to the academics, we offer an enrichment curriculum that enables pupils to change negative behaviour and improve attitudes to learning. This is coupled with on-going support to assist pupils to achieve qualifications and progress to further education.
Our success in this area has been highlighted in our most current Ofsted (2015) report which states:
“The head teacher and staff have created a culture in which students take an interest in their learning. As a result of effective leadership and teaching, more pupil’ re-engage with their studies, make good progress and achieve well.”
The success of our School is based on partnering with amongst others: home schools, key workers, social services and of course parents and carers. We make it a priority to work in partnership with all stakeholders to meet the needs of our students.
Our website aims to give you an insight into our school and the team working with the pupils referred to us. The site however, is only a snapshot of our provision, to gain more insight; we invite you to visit either of our centres for yourself.
Alton McDonald BA (Hons) GTP, MA, NPQH
Head Teacher | 020 8665 2605 | email@example.com
April 2015 Click for full report
Leadership and management – Good
Behaviour and safety – Good
Quality of teaching – Good
Achievement of pupils – Good
Approved by Local Authorities
Joint Local Authority Inspection:
London Boroughs of Croydon,
Merton & Wandsworth
June 2015, rated “Good” in all areas with
“Outstanding” in behaviour and safety
April 2011, awarded Independent School status
Achievement target set
measurable improvement in all subjects undertaken by at least 1 level, measured via formative & summative assessment and baseline data obtained from schools.
Long term placements (2 terms and above)
Improvement in all subjects undertaken by at least 2 levels for those not in examination years.
Improvement in predicted outcome by at least 1 grade for those taking external qualifications.
Positive improvement in students’ attitudes towards education
Positive improvement in students’ level of discipline and acceptance of authority
Positive improvement in students’ confidence levels, and self-esteem.
*Measured through evaluation form to students, parents and staff.
This is done through:
- A staff to student ratio of 1:8
- Encouraging individual participation
- Practical and innovative lesson planning
- Real life scenarios / Projects
- Interactive / creative / fun and practical
- Visits / trips and residential
- Career focus / vocational experience
- Group work / field work
- In addition to qualified teaching staff, we also have mentors in each lesson.
- Inspected by:
London Boroughs of Croydon, Merton & Wandsworth
- We are academically focused with an emphasis on achieving level 2 qualifications
- We effective monitoring and follow-up student attendance and punctuality on a daily basis
- We provide regular feedback to ‘Home’ school and parents on student progress via weekly reports
- We have an effective mentoring and counselling programme to deal with challenging behaviour
- We have a robust quality assurance system that tracks and measures outcomes
- We offer a free parent empowerment programme (added value)